Summer 2017 will be filled with festivals across Northern Ireland. Here is just some that OhhSocial cannot wait for!
There’s a whole load of festivals you’ll be wanting to attend this summer, with some of the biggest names in music travelling to Northern Ireland to put on a show. For fans of all genres, these festivals will brighten up the summer whether the sun is out or not!
Here are 14 to check out:
1. Holywood Harmony Festival June 2-4 - Holywood Rugby Club With everyone from the Hothouse Flowers, Ulaid & Duke Special, Gareth Dunlop, Dana Masters, The Emerald Armada and Ciaran McElhinney on the bill, this year’s festival is set to be a big one. On Saturday and Sunday from 10am there will be a festival village with everything from arts & crafts and health & wellness to artisan food & drink. More information can be found at www.harmonyfest.co.uk
2. Belsonic June 13-30 - Ormeau Park, Belfast Headlined by Arcade Fire and The 1975, Belsonic 2017 is looking to be bigger and better than ever. For the tenth anniversary, the festival will be taking to a new location and huge international pop names will be visiting Belfast, such as Jess Glynne and The Chainsmokers to perform their well-loved hits to thousands of fans. More information can be found at www.belsonic.com
3. Dalriada Festival July 15-16 - Glenarm Castle Combining sport, music and food from both Irish and Scottish cultures, Dalriada Festival is opening its doors to festival go-ers and campers once again this year. Nathan Carter will be taking to the stage, as well as the Fureys and Dublin City Ramblers. With glamping options available, there’s no excuse to miss out on this fun-filled weekend. More information can be found at http://dalriadafestival.co.uk
4. Sunflower Fest July 28-30 - Tubby’s Farm, Hillsborough Rubberbandits, King Kong Company, Beans On Toast, The Electric Swing Circus and Le Galaxie are just a few names from the 2017 line up at Sunflower Fest. Celebrating the best in music from all genres, this feel-good festival is one for wellies and sunflowers. Don’t forget your camera. More information can be found at https://sunflowerfest.co.uk/
5. Open House Festival August 1-31 - Bangor This month-long festival provides plenty of opportunities for families and young people to attend, with performances from the likes of John Boyne and Steve Vertigo set for this year. Open House is a not-for-profit charity dedicated to celebrating the arts and will be hosting events all around Bangor. More information can be found at http://openhousefestival.com/
6. Linenfields Festival August 4-5 - Banbridge Spanning over two nights, Linenfields festival is set to host former Iron Maiden frontman Blaze Bayley, as well as Screaming Eagles, Whole Lotta Voltage and other massive names in rock. Jake Carter and Hugo Duncan & Friends will offer variety to the crowds of music lovers set to take on one of the best festivals around. Don’t miss out on tickets as they are bound to be snapped up. Tickets and more information are available from www.linenfieldsfestival.com.
7. Belfast Guitar Festival August 4-6 - Belfast Teaching everything from rock to classical guitar, Belfast Guitar Festival supports all genres and all learning stages to give new musicians some insightful advice and techniques. Celebrating music with the ones who make it, musicians are encouraged to write their own songs and cover their favourites. More information can be found at https://www.facebook.com/belfastguitarfest
8. August Féile August 3-13 - Falls Road Féile an Phobail returns with amazing events lined up, including UB40 at Falls Park featuring Ali Astro & Mickey. With plenty of announcements to come, this year is looking to be more exciting than ever. The festival celebrates young people, with a focus on the arts and languages, Celtic tradition and events that will be fun for everyone. More information can be found at http://www.feilebelfast.com/
9. Stendhal Festival August 11-12 - Ballymully Cottage Farm, Limavady Ash, Sharon Shannon, Ciaran Lavery and many more will be appearing at Stendhal Festival this year. Celebrating music from Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, and further afield, this unique experience draws communities together with a variety of names and styles on display. Winner of Best Family Festival 2014 and Best Small Festival 2013, 2014 and 2015, the Irish Festival Awards have certified that Stendhal is a must for any festival lover. More information can be found at https://www.facebook.com/Stendhalireland/
10. Tennent’s Vital August 26 - Boucher Road 2017 is bringing Muse and Biffy Clyro over to Belfast for the much loved Tennent’s Vital festival. Tiesto and Clean Bandit are also coming, ready to bring number one hits and feel good tunes. With a balance of classic songs that everyone can sing along to, with newer material, these artists are sure to lighten up the summer. This is one of the fastest selling festivals of the year! Get your tickets from www.ticketmaster.ie.
11. Hilden Beer and Music Festival Hilden Brewery - August 25-27 For the 35th anniversary of this favourite festival, over 25 acts will be taking to the stage. Celebrating Ireland’s oldest independent and brewery goes hand in hand with checking out some music with your friends and beer loves will love having over 35 beer and cider options to choose from. For more information log onto www.taproomhilden.com
12. Belfast Mela Botanic Gardens - August 27 For Northern Ireland’s largest celebration of cultural diversity, tens of thousands of people will flock on Belfast’s August bank holiday weekend to see a unique carnival of global experiences. It’s not just about the sights, with sounds and aromas being a key part of the atmosphere, and it promises good humour to bring the city together. This family friendly event promises to be as memorable as always, with something fun for everyone. For more information log onto www.belfastmela.org.uk.
13. Carnival of Colours Derry-Londonderry - September 9-10 This electric festival will bring the North West’s greatest circus acts into one space for fun and enjoyment. Check out the video from 2016 on the Arts Festival’s website to find out what to expect in 2017. More information about who will be appearing is expected soon. For more information log onto http://www.inyourspaceni.org/carnival/the-carnival
14. Hillsborough International Oyster Festival September 6-10 2017 will mark the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough International Oyster Festival, marking this one particularly special. Whether you’re there for the food, performances or activities, guests are never disappointed. Thousands of people from around the world travel for this premier event for the packed programme, including activities for all ages. Expect to find out more about what’s in store for this year soon. For more information log onto http://www.hillsboroughoysterfestival.com
Get out and explore Northern Ireland at half the price this summer with the OhhSocial App only £10 when you purchase here.